We Travel. We Enjoy Life. We Share Stories.
Travel.Geek.NZ will be your travel inspiration if you are just as geeky as us about travelling and things like craft beer breweries & taprooms, yummy local food (vegetarian as well), funky accommodation, music (festivals, gigs and visiting local record stores) and more much more.
We do more than just posting stories about and taking photos of amazing countries or fun cool cities worldwide. We are passionate about being geeky. We are Travel.Geek.NZ.
Passionate about travelling and....
Our latest blog posts
We love to share stories. Check out our latest blog posts and use it to plan your next trip. Enjoy reading our travel blog posts.
If you’re planning a weekend getaway in Cologne, you are in for a treat. There are plenty of ways to stay busy. This German city is filled with wonders to look at and memories that you’ll keep with you forever. If you want to get the most out of your visit, consider adding the following […]Read More
What to do when you have just arrived in Santa Fe, NM after a long day of roadtripping? Food first! Then checking out where the local craft breweries are. And that’s exactly how we ended up at Duel Brewing 1 hour before closing time… 60 minutes of beer tasting ahead of us. What made me […]Read More
As a travelling geek, I love to share my travel tips and to read yours, either via blog posts or in travel fora and Facebook groups. Having all this information available at the click of a button or by swiping on a touchscreen is awesome. First-time travellers have it so easy nowadays. But it also […]Read More
City of Ales aka Auckland’s best little beer festival is back. At a different location, but with a similar set-up: heaps of New Zealand craft beer breweries showcasing the latest additions to their beer menu. Let’s see if we can find some tasty gems at this best little beer festival in Auckland.Read More
Travelling is so much fun that once you start, it’s hard to stop (or go home). However, money will also be your biggest challenge (just like time). Tips on how to save money while travelling are always welcomed, right? Well, here’s what you can do to save heaps of money on Amsterdam museums and attractions.Read More
Birmingham is one of the most vibrant cities in the UK. One of the great things about this colourful metropolis is that it combines a wide range of interesting attractions with a richly varied nightlife scene. As well as plenty of shopping and dining opportunities, which means that people of all ages and interests will […]Read More
Brewing great craft beer is like a magic act. Something happens in plain sight yet out of sight and the audience will love it when done well. The guys behind the Hutton & Smith brewery in Chattanooga, Tennessee treated the ingredients well and turned it into remarkable craft beer.Read More
What makes this travel blog different!
Travel.Geek.NZ is a travel blog that does more than just blogging about travel. Yes, of course, we love to visit amazing destinations worldwide but it's not just seeing it's also experiencing. For us, it's all about living like a local and really tasting the city or country. Meeting new people and learning from their customs and travel tips.
Plus, we combine travelling with the other things we are passionate about:
- Tasting great craft beer - visiting craft beer breweries, talking to the geniuses behind the amazing brews and spending time at taprooms worldwide to tast amazing craft beer.
- Eating local food - tasting the local cuisine (vegetarian & vegan as well) is what we love to do when we are overseas. Our bloggers are real foodies, down to earth and only focussed on flavour.
- Using and testing gadgets - Gadgets will make your travels more fun or easier. We'll blog about gadget news and the items we have tested ourselves. All blog posts come from our experience.
- Experiencing music - Visiting record stores, going to see (local or international) bands play live, it's all part of our travelling days.
- Sleeping in amazing accommodations - There are lots of places where you can spend the night. We like our accommodation to be a bit different than a regular hostel or hotel. All our accommodation reviews and tips are listed here.
And much more, there's so much more to do and see so not all blog posts fit the items listed above. Check out out our mixed bag category as the blog posts there will help you plan your next trip... And they might surprise you.
Have a great time travelling. Travel.Geek.NZ will be your inspiration when planning your trip. The rest is up to you. Have fun.