We Travel. We Enjoy Life. We Share Stories.
Travel.Geek.NZ will be your travel inspiration if you are just as geeky as us about travelling and things like craft beer breweries & taprooms, yummy local food (vegetarian as well), funky accommodation, music (festivals, gigs and visiting local record stores) and more much more.
We do more than just posting stories about and taking photos of amazing countries or fun cool cities worldwide. We are passionate about being geeky. We are Travel.Geek.NZ.
Passionate about travelling and....
Our latest blog posts
We love to share stories. Check out our latest blog posts and use it to plan your next trip. Enjoy reading our travel blog posts.
Brewing great craft beer is like a magic act. Something happens in plain sight yet out of sight and the audience will love it when done well. The guys behind the Hutton & Smith brewery in Chattanooga, Tennessee treated the ingredients well and turned it into remarkable craft beer.Read More
The effervescent sprawling capital city of Bavaria is well known for its beauty, incredible architecture, romance, culture, and mouth-watering food. Oh, and of course, the very stuff legends are made of, their annual Oktoberfest. Bavaria in Germany is a fascinating corner of the globe and one you could spend a virtual lifetime exploring and not even […]Read More
What do pixels and hops have in common? Both are equally important in Avondale, Arizona at 8-Bit Aleworks, a craft beer brewery that geeks will love. Not just craft beer geeks but game geeks as well. Craft beers with game-themed names surrounded by arcade and classic video games. This is what I imagine heaven to […]Read More
To be honest, Rotterdam has so much more to offer than Amsterdam. Of all Dutch cities, Rotterdam is truly our favourite. Oops did we say the wrong thing Dutchies? So when we had the opportunity to spend a night in the tallest building of Rotterdam, we didn’t have to think long and were on our […]Read More
Get ready for an epic battle. Two contestants in the ring to decide which one is the best burger. Best as in tastiest burger, juicy, yummy and all the other words that you would use to describe the best burger in the world. Oh, and both burgers are plant-based!Read More
Digital Nomads your dreams are coming true. It is now even easier to get paid borderless. No more being tied to a bank account in your home country or having to open a bank account in the country you’re working in. Financial freedom is now easier than ever before.Read More
No matter if you’re a petrol head or not, the Ferrari name rings a bell for almost anyone. The name is synonymous with speed, victory, and the colour red. When we had the chance to make a stopover in Maranello (close to Modena), we went for it straight away. Why? Maranello is home to the […]Read More
What makes this travel blog different!
Travel.Geek.NZ is a travel blog that does more than just blogging about travel. Yes, of course, we love to visit amazing destinations worldwide but it's not just seeing it's also experiencing. For us, it's all about living like a local and really tasting the city or country. Meeting new people and learning from their customs and travel tips.
Plus, we combine travelling with the other things we are passionate about:
- Tasting great craft beer - visiting craft beer breweries, talking to the geniuses behind the amazing brews and spending time at taprooms worldwide to tast amazing craft beer.
- Eating local food - tasting the local cuisine (vegetarian & vegan as well) is what we love to do when we are overseas. Our bloggers are real foodies, down to earth and only focussed on flavour.
- Using and testing gadgets - Gadgets will make your travels more fun or easier. We'll blog about gadget news and the items we have tested ourselves. All blog posts come from our experience.
- Experiencing music - Visiting record stores, going to see (local or international) bands play live, it's all part of our travelling days.
- Sleeping in amazing accommodations - There are lots of places where you can spend the night. We like our accommodation to be a bit different than a regular hostel or hotel. All our accommodation reviews and tips are listed here.
And much more, there's so much more to do and see so not all blog posts fit the items listed above. Check out out our mixed bag category as the blog posts there will help you plan your next trip... And they might surprise you.
Have a great time travelling. Travel.Geek.NZ will be your inspiration when planning your trip. The rest is up to you. Have fun.