We Travel. We Enjoy Life. We Share Stories.
Travel.Geek.NZ will be your travel inspiration if you are just as geeky as us about travelling and things like craft beer breweries & taprooms, yummy local food (vegetarian as well), funky accommodation, music (festivals, gigs and visiting local record stores) and more much more.
We do more than just posting stories about and taking photos of amazing countries or fun cool cities worldwide. We are passionate about being geeky. We are Travel.Geek.NZ.
Passionate about travelling and....
Our latest blog posts
We love to share stories. Check out our latest blog posts and use it to plan your next trip. Enjoy reading our travel blog posts.
No time to travel to festivals or concerts around the world? Here’s the ultimate answer to see your favourite band from wherever you are: live stream festivals. Even if there is a geoblock in place, we’ll show you how to enjoy some of the best festivals in the world through live streaming.Read More
Maybe you just came across our travel blog or maybe you’re familiar with our previous stuff (DIY-OE). As we recently launched (re-branded) our travel blog Travel.Geek.NZ we would like to tell you guys a bit more about who we are and what our plans are.Read More
Let’s have a taste of Belgium… No not Belgium the beer, but Belgium the country. Yes, it’s a country. Of course, you guys knew that, but according to a poll, 65% of Americans think that Belgium is a beer company instead of a country. That calls for a blog post to tell you a bit […]Read More
We simply love all these discount airlines in Europe. It’s so easy and cheap to fly around. No matter where you’re flying from there’s always a discount airline (or two) to go for, instead of the regular airlines. Simply look around, compare fares, and you’ll be discovering new countries or cities for a few bucks. […]Read More
There are many options for travelling through Europe as there are so many cheap airlines to choose from. We certainly have a few favourites among the many European airlines. So let’s talk about the orange airline: easyJet, another one of our favourites in Europe.Read More
Even when you’re overseas (travelling and having fun) you can still celebrate NZ Music Month. Of course, you have loaded your phone or Spotify playlist with your favourite Kiwi tunes, so play them loud in the next few weeks. Play ‘m loud at work, at parties, at home, or wherever you are. But the best […]Read More
The classic dishes in Berlin – no make that, in all of Germany – all contain meat: Currywurst (spicy sausage), Schnitzel (boneless meat, thinned with a meat tenderizer, coated with flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs, and then fried), and Döner (Turkish dish made of meat cooked on a vertical rotisserie). Time for me as a […]Read More
What makes this travel blog different!
Travel.Geek.NZ is a travel blog that does more than just blogging about travel. Yes, of course, we love to visit amazing destinations worldwide but it's not just seeing it's also experiencing. For us, it's all about living like a local and really tasting the city or country. Meeting new people and learning from their customs and travel tips.
Plus, we combine travelling with the other things we are passionate about:
- Tasting great craft beer - visiting craft beer breweries, talking to the geniuses behind the amazing brews and spending time at taprooms worldwide to tast amazing craft beer.
- Eating local food - tasting the local cuisine (vegetarian & vegan as well) is what we love to do when we are overseas. Our bloggers are real foodies, down to earth and only focussed on flavour.
- Using and testing gadgets - Gadgets will make your travels more fun or easier. We'll blog about gadget news and the items we have tested ourselves. All blog posts come from our experience.
- Experiencing music - Visiting record stores, going to see (local or international) bands play live, it's all part of our travelling days.
- Sleeping in amazing accommodations - There are lots of places where you can spend the night. We like our accommodation to be a bit different than a regular hostel or hotel. All our accommodation reviews and tips are listed here.
And much more, there's so much more to do and see so not all blog posts fit the items listed above. Check out out our mixed bag category as the blog posts there will help you plan your next trip... And they might surprise you.
Have a great time travelling. Travel.Geek.NZ will be your inspiration when planning your trip. The rest is up to you. Have fun.