We Travel. We Enjoy Life. We Share Stories.
Travel.Geek.NZ will be your travel inspiration if you are just as geeky as us about travelling and things like craft beer breweries & taprooms, yummy local food (vegetarian as well), funky accommodation, music (festivals, gigs and visiting local record stores) and more much more.
We do more than just posting stories about and taking photos of amazing countries or fun cool cities worldwide. We are passionate about being geeky. We are Travel.Geek.NZ.
Passionate about travelling and....
Our latest blog posts
We love to share stories. Check out our latest blog posts and use it to plan your next trip. Enjoy reading our travel blog posts.
The Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI) is the coolest museum in Melbourne. Probably the best coolest museum in Australia… For film, video games and digital culture geeks. That’s me. This combined with the fact that the Wallace & Gromit and Friends: The Magic of Aardman exhibition was on, it was impossible to walk […]Read More
When travelling around the world hostels are always a fun and cheap way to spend the night. So what are hostels in Holland like? Are there any? Of course! In the Holland (or do you prefer to say the Netherlands?) the member organisation is called Stayokay and we recently found out that staying there is […]Read More
Germany is known for its Christmas markets. Each city and town organises one (or more) Christmas market in the festive season. We travelled to Dortmund (a city in the “Bundesland” or federated state North Rhine-Westphalia) in the northwestern part of Germany to check out how they celebrate the days before Christmas.Read More
You simply cannot visit Holland without seeing a cheese-related thing or event. Whether it’s a local cheese market (for example in Alkmaar or Gouda), a cheese museum or a cheese tasting, without cheese your visit to Holland isn’t complete. What could be better than spending a night (or two) in the cheese capital? We stayed […]Read More
Every once in a while you come across a hotel that is different or quirky. As we love different, we just had to spend the night at the SS Rotterdam hotel when we visited Rotterdam. Spending the night on a former cruise ship, how awesome is that? Read on and you’ll know.Read More
What makes this travel blog different!
Travel.Geek.NZ is a travel blog that does more than just blogging about travel. Yes, of course, we love to visit amazing destinations worldwide but it's not just seeing it's also experiencing. For us, it's all about living like a local and really tasting the city or country. Meeting new people and learning from their customs and travel tips.
Plus, we combine travelling with the other things we are passionate about:
- Tasting great craft beer - visiting craft beer breweries, talking to the geniuses behind the amazing brews and spending time at taprooms worldwide to tast amazing craft beer.
- Eating local food - tasting the local cuisine (vegetarian & vegan as well) is what we love to do when we are overseas. Our bloggers are real foodies, down to earth and only focussed on flavour.
- Using and testing gadgets - Gadgets will make your travels more fun or easier. We'll blog about gadget news and the items we have tested ourselves. All blog posts come from our experience.
- Experiencing music - Visiting record stores, going to see (local or international) bands play live, it's all part of our travelling days.
- Sleeping in amazing accommodations - There are lots of places where you can spend the night. We like our accommodation to be a bit different than a regular hostel or hotel. All our accommodation reviews and tips are listed here.
And much more, there's so much more to do and see so not all blog posts fit the items listed above. Check out out our mixed bag category as the blog posts there will help you plan your next trip... And they might surprise you.
Have a great time travelling. Travel.Geek.NZ will be your inspiration when planning your trip. The rest is up to you. Have fun.