We Travel. We Enjoy Life. We Share Stories.
Travel.Geek.NZ will be your travel inspiration if you are just as geeky as us about travelling and things like craft beer breweries & taprooms, yummy local food (vegetarian as well), funky accommodation, music (festivals, gigs and visiting local record stores) and more much more.
We do more than just posting stories about and taking photos of amazing countries or fun cool cities worldwide. We are passionate about being geeky. We are Travel.Geek.NZ.
Passionate about travelling and....
Our latest blog posts
We love to share stories. Check out our latest blog posts and use it to plan your next trip. Enjoy reading our travel blog posts.
Christchurch is literally an ever-changing city. That’s what makes it the most interesting city of New Zealand. Join me on a discovery tour and see all the exciting things you can do in Christchurch.Read More
The festival season in 2020 was the worst festival season ever. Due to COVID-19, all the awesome events we were looking forward to were cancelled. Time to fast-forward to 2021 and to make it the best festival season ever!!!!!Read More
Fans of rock, metal, and punk(rock) live music will have heaps of opportunities to get their horns up in Europe. The new rock festival season will be an awesome one. We’ve selected 6.66 of the best rock festivals throughout Europe for the upcoming season. Check out the line-ups, ticket info and start planning your trip. […]Read More
Travelling exposes you to different cultures and allows you to see attractions outside your home country. Many people also take trips to find mental peace. There are certain simple mistakes made by rookies when they first start to travel. Try to avoid these mistakes if you want to have a more pleasurable trip. Learn from […]Read More
Recently a new banking system launched in the Southern Hemisphere: the TransferWise Borderless debit card has arrived in Australia and New Zealand. Lots of Aussies or Kiwis might be wondering what TransferWise is and how it can save them heaps of money overseas. Time for a question and answer session.Read More
Spring is in the air in Europe, especially in the Amsterdam area. It’s not just because winter is almost over and the weather is getting milder by the day. It’s because you can almost smell the fresh flowers of the world’s largest flower garden: Keukenhof. We have all the info you need to plan a […]Read More
The famous (or is it infamous?) question of what to pack on my trip is asked a lot online. Just Google ‘packing list’ and you’ll see heaps of examples, templates and tips. All a waste of my time. All I need are a few basic things and I’m a happy travelling geek.Read More
What makes this travel blog different!
Travel.Geek.NZ is a travel blog that does more than just blogging about travel. Yes, of course, we love to visit amazing destinations worldwide but it's not just seeing it's also experiencing. For us, it's all about living like a local and really tasting the city or country. Meeting new people and learning from their customs and travel tips.
Plus, we combine travelling with the other things we are passionate about:
- Tasting great craft beer - visiting craft beer breweries, talking to the geniuses behind the amazing brews and spending time at taprooms worldwide to tast amazing craft beer.
- Eating local food - tasting the local cuisine (vegetarian & vegan as well) is what we love to do when we are overseas. Our bloggers are real foodies, down to earth and only focussed on flavour.
- Using and testing gadgets - Gadgets will make your travels more fun or easier. We'll blog about gadget news and the items we have tested ourselves. All blog posts come from our experience.
- Experiencing music - Visiting record stores, going to see (local or international) bands play live, it's all part of our travelling days.
- Sleeping in amazing accommodations - There are lots of places where you can spend the night. We like our accommodation to be a bit different than a regular hostel or hotel. All our accommodation reviews and tips are listed here.
And much more, there's so much more to do and see so not all blog posts fit the items listed above. Check out out our mixed bag category as the blog posts there will help you plan your next trip... And they might surprise you.
Have a great time travelling. Travel.Geek.NZ will be your inspiration when planning your trip. The rest is up to you. Have fun.