We Travel. We Enjoy Life. We Share Stories.
Travel.Geek.NZ will be your travel inspiration if you are just as geeky as us about travelling and things like craft beer breweries & taprooms, yummy local food (vegetarian as well), funky accommodation, music (festivals, gigs and visiting local record stores) and more much more.
We do more than just posting stories about and taking photos of amazing countries or fun cool cities worldwide. We are passionate about being geeky. We are Travel.Geek.NZ.
Passionate about travelling and....
Our latest blog posts
We love to share stories. Check out our latest blog posts and use it to plan your next trip. Enjoy reading our travel blog posts.
Want to get away for a few hours from the madness of Las Vegas? Looking for an original and unique thing to do in between the gambling, partying and the shows? Interested in experiencing the classic look and feel of Vegas? The Neon Museum in Las Vegas is exactly what you are looking for.Read More
Birmingham isn’t a city you would immediately think of when planning a UK city trip. Or is it just me? But why? It is the second-most populated city in the UK. There should be heaps to do and see. My recent Birmingham city trip was a real eyeopener for me.Read More
When you think of America you think of fast food like Mc Donald’s, Burger King, Taco Bell and lots more. When you are travelling in the United States you want to make sure that you can continue your healthy way of eating and not just rely on greasy meaty burgers, pizzas or tacos. Here are […]Read More
As a traveller, you hate wasting money on overseas payment fees and unfavourable conversion rates. Therefore you’ll always be looking for a way to open a bank account as soon as you’ll be spending a bit more time in a specific country. In some countries, it’s tricky or impossible to open a bank account as […]Read More
Is there anything more beautiful than an endless road, a great (reliable) car and your favourite tunes? It’s road trip time… Recently I came across a list with 15 of the most legendary road trips. Great inspiration and awesome to see which ones you already have completed. That triggered an idea. I want to experience […]Read More
For most travellers, Zwolle is pretty much like going off the beaten path in The Netherlands. The city isn’t as big or popular as Amsterdam or Rotterdam but that is about to change. There is now an important reason why computer & game geeks will add Zwolle to their must-see travel list: Dutch Computer Museum.Read More
About a year ago the reMarkable tablet was the winner for me in the battle of the e-paper tablets. A lot has happened in the market so what would happen if I was in the market for an alternative to traditional paper, a digital solution for taking notes, doodling, drawing and reading e-books? Would the […]Read More
What makes this travel blog different!
Travel.Geek.NZ is a travel blog that does more than just blogging about travel. Yes, of course, we love to visit amazing destinations worldwide but it's not just seeing it's also experiencing. For us, it's all about living like a local and really tasting the city or country. Meeting new people and learning from their customs and travel tips.
Plus, we combine travelling with the other things we are passionate about:
- Tasting great craft beer - visiting craft beer breweries, talking to the geniuses behind the amazing brews and spending time at taprooms worldwide to tast amazing craft beer.
- Eating local food - tasting the local cuisine (vegetarian & vegan as well) is what we love to do when we are overseas. Our bloggers are real foodies, down to earth and only focussed on flavour.
- Using and testing gadgets - Gadgets will make your travels more fun or easier. We'll blog about gadget news and the items we have tested ourselves. All blog posts come from our experience.
- Experiencing music - Visiting record stores, going to see (local or international) bands play live, it's all part of our travelling days.
- Sleeping in amazing accommodations - There are lots of places where you can spend the night. We like our accommodation to be a bit different than a regular hostel or hotel. All our accommodation reviews and tips are listed here.
And much more, there's so much more to do and see so not all blog posts fit the items listed above. Check out out our mixed bag category as the blog posts there will help you plan your next trip... And they might surprise you.
Have a great time travelling. Travel.Geek.NZ will be your inspiration when planning your trip. The rest is up to you. Have fun.