Travelling is so much fun that once you start, it's hard to stop (or go home). However, money will also be your biggest challenge (just like time). Tips on how to save money while travelling are always welcomed, right? Well, here's what you can do to save heaps of money on Amsterdam museums and attractions.
Where to go and how to save money in Amsterdam?
That's always an interesting question as there are so many awesome museums and attractions in Amsterdam. No matter what kind of traveller you are, there's always heaps to do and see in Amsterdam.
Interested in culture? Add Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, and Frans Hals Museum to your to-see list. Love animals? Make sure you visit Artis Royal Zoo. Thirsty for knowledge about typical Dutch beer and liquor? Add Heineken Experience or House of Bols to your to-do list. Interested in history? Then the Jewish Historical Museum is a must-see for you. The list goes on and on.
Did you know you can save heaps on a lot of the museums and attractions in Amsterdam? You can purchase an Amsterdam Go City Pass that has most of the museums and attractions included. No more buying separate entry tickets or searching online for a discount code. Back in the day, the Holland Pass or Amsterdam Card did the trick but now in 2023, there is a new and better way to save heaps on museums and attractions in Amsterdam!
Better than Holland Pass: there's a new discount pass in town!
Several years ago, the famous Holland Pass was the best way to save heaps on visiting museums in Amsterdam and getting a discount on popular attractions in Amsterdam. Unfortunately, the Holland Pass doesn't exist anymore.😞 But there's good news as well. There's a new discount pass in town.
Go City Amsterdam is the new discounted museum card for tourists in Amsterdam. And the best news it's a discount card that includes many of the popular museums in Amsterdam but also other amazing & must-see attractions. It is a discount pass that will save you heaps of money in Amsterdam. Check it out.
The secret of getting a discount on museums and attractions in Amsterdam
Have you decided which Amsterdam museums or attractions you will visit? Awesome. So here's the math on how to save heaps of money in Amsterdam. You don't need promotions or discount codes. It all has to do with a special discount pass, called Go City Amsterdam, an alternative to the Holland Pass.
Just like the Holland Pass, this new Amsterdam discount card comes in various shapes and sizes. That makes it the perfect discount card for travellers that want to see as much as possible in Amsterdam in a relatively short amount of time, between one and five days. But it also comes in a version where you can add a certain amount of museums and attractions that can be visited during a 60-day period, which is perfect when you prefer to travel more slowly or are planning to visit Amsterdam more often.
- Go City Amsterdam – All-Inclusive is a discount card that is valid for between 1 and 5 days. Within that timeframe you can visit as many of the attractions that are included, for example:
- Go City Amsterdam – Explorer is an alternative to the Holland Pass where you can see/visit an X amount of attractions & museums in Amsterdam and the surrounding area. You simply select a pass that includes between 3 and 7 choices. Easy as. No need to decide which attractions you want to visit, you just purchase the card with X choices now and can decide later which ones you want to visit. Attractions & museums included in this Amsterdam Pass are:
For both passes, it's one fixed price to visit heaps of amazing attractions and museums in Amsterdam. No need to queue for the ticket office and buy separate tickets. Your Go City Amsterdam Pass unlocks heaps of must-see attractions in Amsterdam.
How to use the new Holland Pass alternative: better than the Amsterdam Pass
Forget about Holland Pass or the Amsterdam Pass, Go City Amsterdam is the new and definitely the best way to visit heaps of Amsterdam museums & attractions for one fixed low price. You can save easily between 40 and 55% versus buying tickets for each of the selected museums and attractions. As you can fully customise how you use the Go City Amsterdam discount pass, the discount % saved versus separate entry tickets is up to you. You decide how much you will save on your Amsterdam city trip.
Famous Amsterdam attractions & museums that you can choose from
The following attractions and museums can be unlocked with the Go City Amsterdam Pass. Oh, and by the way, this Amsterdam discount pass is fully digital so no shipping issues if you live overseas. You simply download the app, add you Pass Booking to it (or use the PDF file) and off you go.
- Heineken Experience
- Museum Het Rembrandthuis
- THIS IS HOLLAND
- Moco Museum – Banksy & More
- A'DAM LOOKOUT
- 100 Highlights Cruise
- Rotterdam, Delft & The Hague Live Guided Tour
- Tour de BonTon
- Royal Experience – Royal Coster Diamonds
- Rembrandts Amsterdam Experience
- House of Bols
- Zaanse Schans Card
- Ferry to Muiderslot Castle
- Pedal Boat Amsterdam
- Macbike Bike Rental
- Houseboat Museum
- Amsterdam Castle Muiderslot
- Volendam, Edam & Windmills Bus Excursion
- Diamond Museum
- Jewish Cultural Quarter
- Amsterdam Pipe Museum
- Zaanse Schans Bus Excursion
- Amsterdam Tulip Museum
- Tony's Chocolonely Superstore
- Hop on-Hop off Boat Tour
- Guided tour to Keukenhof Gardens & Tulip Experience (only available in spring)
- Keukenhof skip-the-line entry, transfers and boat cruise (only available in spring)
- Keukenhof skip-the-line entry and coach transfers (only available in spring)
- Shopping in Roermond (Designer Outlet Centre)
- AMAZE Amsterdam – A new immersive experience by ID&T
- The Life of Anne Frank & Neighbourhood Tour
Similar advantages to the Holland Pass discount card
Go City Amsterdam offers more than the Holland Pass ever did. More popular museums and amazing attractions in Amsterdam are included. Plus, it will save you heaps of money in other parts of The Netherlands as well, for example, Zaanstad, Roermond or Rotterdam.
- You get free entrance to major museums and attractions: choose a pass that is valid for X days or choose Y amount of attractions you want to visit!
- The overall savings vary but can be up to 55%.
- Easy to use the digital pass, no shipping issues. It is so easy, you can buy Amsterdam City Pass online and it is ready to go when you arrive in Amsterdam. It activates as soon as you visit the first museum or attraction. Once it gets scanned, the clock starts ticking. The fun has started!
Experience the magic of Amsterdam
Amsterdam is a city rich in culture, history, and natural beauty. From its iconic canals and beautiful architecture to its world-renowned museums and vibrant nightlife, there's something for everyone in Amsterdam. You can visit the Anne Frank House, see the works of the Dutch Masters at the Rijksmuseum, or take a stroll through the colourful flower markets. Combined with the must-see museums and must-visit attractions mentioned above, Amsterdam is a must-visit destination for anyone looking for a mix of culture, history, and fun!