Travelling is so much fun that once you start, it's hard to stop (or go home). However, money will also be your biggest challenge (just like time). Tips on how to save money while travelling are always welcomed, right? Well, here's what you can do to save heaps of money on Amsterdam museums and attractions.
Where to go in Amsterdam?
That's always an interesting question as there are so many awesome museums and attractions in Amsterdam. No matter what kind of traveller you are, there's always heaps to do and see in Amsterdam.
Interested in culture? Add Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, and Frans Hals Museum to your to-see list. Love animals? Make sure you visit Artis Royal Zoo. Thirsty for knowledge about typical Dutch beer and liquor? Add Heineken Experience or House of Bols to your to-do list. Shall we continue?
Interested in history? Then the Jewish Historical Museum is a must-see for you. Love a good drink (or two)? Then Amsterdam Icebar (a pub made out of ice) is perfect for you. And that's just the tip of the iceberg of interesting Amsterdam museums and fun Amsterdam attractions.
The information below was created when the Holland Pass – for extra discounts on attractions in Amsterdam – still existed. It was a great way to save money when you wanted to visit several attractions or museums. Unfortunately, the Holland Pass doesn't exist anymore. 😞 We have updated the rest of the article as the info is still useful for your trip to Amsterdam. You just have to do it without the Holland Pass.
The secret of paying less in Amsterdam
Have you decided which Amsterdam museums or attractions you will visit? Awesome. So here's the math on how to save heaps of money in Amsterdam. You don't need promotions or discount codes. It all has to do with a special discount pass, called Holland Pass.
The Holland Pass was a discount card that will give you free & discounted access to over 100 museums and attractions in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and other Dutch cities. There were 3 versions of the Holland Pass discount card available.
- Small version of Holland Pass includes 1 golden credit and 2 silver credits for free access to museums (more info)
- Medium version of Holland Pass includes 2 golden credits and 2 silver credits for free access to museums (more info)
- Large version of Holland Pass includes 3 golden credits and 3 silver credits for free access to museums (more info)
How to use Holland Pass credits
The gold and silver credits can be used to free entrance to heaps of museums and attractions in Amsterdam or other Dutch cities. Here are a few examples:
- Rijksmuseum (gold)
- Van Gogh Museum (silver)
- Amsterdam Dungeon (gold)
- Keukenhof flower garden (gold)
- Heineken Experience (gold)
- Escher Museum (silver)
- Windmill cruise Zaanse Schans (silver)
- House of Bols (silver)
- …and more museums and attractions are included with your Holland Pass. You can choose from more than 100 top attractions and museums throughout the Netherlands.
More discounts with Holland Pass
Really, there are more savings possible with Holland Pass. Above we've just listed a few of the amazing Amsterdam museums and attractions. You can mix and match or use your free entrance vouchers or a discount card at many other museums and attractions in Amsterdam. Plus you can use the Holland Pass in cities like Rotterdam, Utrecht, and The Hague. It's valid all over Holland at many major attractions and museums.
Advantages of Holland Pass discount card
It does more than save you heaps of money on Amsterdam museums and attractions. It will save you heaps of money all across the Netherlands. Check out everything that comes with your Holland Pass:
- Free entrance tickets to major museums and attractions
- A discount card that is valid at heaps of museums, restaurants, attractions, and shops. The savings vary but can be up to 50%.
- Fast-track entry at some of the busiest museums and attractions, especially in Amsterdam
- Full-colour guide book
It was so easy, you could buy the Holland Pass online and it would be ready when you arrived in Amsterdam. It could be picked up at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol or at various ticket outlets. It was easy but the Holland Pass is no more.