See how Gainesville Rock City turns into Gainesville Hop City. Swamp Head Brewery in Gainesville, FL turned out to be an excellent choice as a road trip stop. We had a great time there. Check it out.
As a Less Than Jake fan, you just have to make a stop when your USA road trip takes you to Florida. It is a must so you can start singing as soon as you see the signs of Gainesville, FL…..
“Well, I'm half awake and half a world away
All my past mistakes and every misspent day
I wouldn't have it any other way
Gainesville Rock City”
On this road trip, we actually spend a few days in Gainesville so there was plenty of time to check out the craft beer scene… And the road took us to Swamp Head Brewery.
Info about Swamp Head Brewery in Gainesville, FL
- Name: Swamp Head Brewery
- Address: 3650 SW 42nd Ave, Gainesville, FL 32608, United States
- Closest airport(s): Gainesville Regional Airport (GNV) is only a 20-minute drive or start your Florida craft beer road trip at Orlando International Airport (MCO), a 1 hour and 45 minutes drive. It doesn’t matter which airport you choose as all rental car deals are listed here. Easy to plan your road trip.
- Beer menu (in their words): “It has been our mission since day one to be Florida's brewery. We love our neighbours, but we're focused on providing our state with the beer it deserves.”
- Accommodation nearby: go for a craft beer tasting at this brewery and enjoy the surrounding area. Check out accommodation deals in Gainesville, FL Stay for a few days on your craft beer tour. Then you'll have plenty of time to taste the beers of this brewery.
- More info: official website of the Swamp Head brewery in Florida
- More reasons to go there: dog-friendly, nice & relaxing place (it was easy for me to combine working and tasting craft beer) and a good selection of beers on tap.
First impression of Swamp Head Brewery in Florida
On a beautiful sunny day in October – are there any other kinds of days in Florida? 🙂 – I visited Swamp Head Brewery. The outside looks a bit industrial, but the fun begins when you enter the premises.
Swamp Head is what a brewery/taproom should be. This place is buzzing and alive. The staff is friendly. It is a real pleasure to spend a few hours here, tasting craft beer and getting some work done in between (it’s a tough life but someone’s got to do it). This place is also dog friendly.
There is plenty of seating, both inside and outside. Perfect to enjoy these sunny Florida days. Great place. And their beer selection is really good and has a nice variety.
Craft beer tasting at Swamp Head Brewery
When I visited Swamp Head Brewery in Florida (Gainesville), this was the tasting flight I ordered.
- Raspberry Doughball (wheat beer)
- Berry Jelly (Berliner Weisse)
- Midnight Oil (oatmeal stout)
- Dog Friends (Double NEIPA)
- Partly Cloudy (Pale Ale)
- Pumpkin Spice Latte (pumpkin/yam beer) – awesome, best one of this tasting flight (4.25 out of 5)
Make sure to follow me on Untappd for more details about how I rated these beers (sneak preview: between 3.50 and 4.25 out of 5 bottle caps. It is also a great way to stay up to date on my craft beer tasting adventure.
High score: 8.5 out of 10
Although this brewery visit was a bit short…. The good ones are always too short… I really enjoyed it. It was a tasty afternoon. Was able to get some work done in a relaxed way while tasting their amazing brews.
The highlight here was the Pumpkin Spice Latte (pumpkin/yam beer). Pumpkin, coffee, clover and vanilla flavours all rolled into one beer. Great stuff. I wouldn’t mind visiting this brewery in Gainesville, FL more often. I’ll definitely drop in again when I’m in the area.